After a short hiatus as a result of scheduling conflicts, I am finally back in studio. I had some grand ideas of what I would make, but realised that I didn’t have enough silver to do what I wanted. Note to self: make an inventory of everything you need before you actually get to studio. I managed to MacGyver enough material together to make this ring.
This week in jewelry class I tried to do something a little more feminine and dainty. I did want the pearls to be the same colour, but the instructor insisted I use two colours. She also indicated that I should make the flowers differ in size next time – I agree with that.
The two colours bugged me too much, so I changed the pink pearl. It is lacking in contrast, but I like the overall blue-ish tone of it better now.